youtube video...take one

Friday, July 30, 2010

Thing 10

Virtual Worlds~~
I liked this more than I though I would. At first, I was not in the mood and my computer gave me trouble with loading second life, but once in...I liked it! I named my avatar Aubrie Chardin, and she had short brown hair with green eyes. My first setting was in Dublin near the University. I loved how much it looked like the actual place and the music was really pretty. I ran into people and had conversations--it was neat. I changed my views, sat, changed my gestures and played with my appearence. I even got invited to a club and was teleported to a club...the club scared me so I left. LOL!! I really like this virtual world but do not think it is right for my 1st graders. I can see middle and highschool students having lots of fun!! The only thing is I would want it to be a protected site...only with kids. The benefits include self-esteem building and networking!

No comments:

Post a Comment