youtube video...take one

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thing 5

Face book and Twitter

My phone streams face book and I love the hourly updates. I feel connected with my friends. Twitter is new for me--I set up an account today. Neat to see that now I can follow my favorite authors, musicans and moviestars. Not sure I care to "tweet" with my friends as it seems redundant to Face book, but the Hollywood/famous world is appealing! Now...how to use this in the classroom...well, I thought we were not allowed to use social networking sites?? But I see that our homepage supports Face book and Twitter. I teach first grade so I'm not sure how Face book would benefit my classroom, but Twitter could be useful. We could set up a class account and follow certain people, authors or places. This could be neat. Backchanneling is neat but something I feel is more for highschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment